Sunday, October 01, 2006

Life at the office

Hello all! I'd like to fill you in about what our office is like, and introduce you to some of the people we work with. I'll try to give you a virtual tour, so to speak. To start at the beginning...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's the door off the street to our office. It's pretty easy to miss, and there has been discussion of late about trying to improve the signage we have on the street for clients. Admittedly, Allison and I nearly missed it when we walked by for the first time about a month ago.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is the stairway up to the second floor, on the other side of the door you just saw. It's funny; because Allison and I frequently ride our bikes to work, the sound of our shoes clanking on the stairs as we carry our bikes up reverberates through the whole office. Apparently, everyone is now used to knowing exactly when we arrive.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the reception area. The glass doors straight ahead are to the classroom where many of our educational programs are held. To the right, around the corner, is the hallway.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is said hallway. Down at the very end you can see our executive direcor, Jim, working at his desk. This shot is actually taken facing toward the reception area you just saw. My office is that first door on the right. We'll get to that later. Right now, we're going to turn around 180 degrees and head toward the breakroom area.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hmm, pardon me while I clean up this dish that Allison so carelessly left out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There, that's better! This is the breakroom. We keep our lunch here in the fridge, and we usually eat our lunch here, too. It's cozy, and well-stocked with tea.

Well, now that we've seen that, let's head down to Allison's office. She's all the way back down the hall, in the anteroom to Jim's office.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hi, Allison! (She's getting better at hiding her "spider solitaire" games on the computer) Hope you find that book, uh, interesting. Seeing as you're so busy, we'll let you get back to...work.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's another office! I'd like to introduce you folks to my two coworkers (well, supervisor and coworker), Brigetta and Matt. I work with these two everyday. We've gotten to know each other pretty well through all the important meetings we have together. Bye guys! Hope that grant application pans out ok!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Well, it's back to work for me. Won't be long and I'll have another significant meeting, major assignment, or....oh excuse me, it appears I have an urgent phone call! Thanks for joining me, and I hope you had a good time seeing our office!

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Ok, I DO NOT play spider solitaire at work. Facebook, yes. Solitaire, no. My computer doesn't even HAVE solitaire.

And I do not leave out my dishes. EVER.

But other than that, this is an entirely accurate and truthful account and a good visual representation of our lives in the salt mines.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Awwww, so cute!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome tour!! And I believe you, Aaron, I know how Allison loves her spider solitaire.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home